I am a qualified and experienced trainer and regularly run training for schools, medical staff, parents, charity groups and many others. Recent training topics have included:
- The impact of emotional well-being on learning
- Self harm
- Anxiety and low mood
- SENCO training on supporting children with mental health difficulties
- School refusal
- Using CBT techniques to support young people
- Managing children’s behaviour
- Emotional well being/mental health
- What is mental health?/Mental Health awareness
- Diversity, equal opportunities and discrimination
- Managing change
Sessions range from 2 hours to all day/multiple day events.
If you would be interested in training please email me to discuss this in more detail.
Here are some comments from training sessions I have run recently (2018 & 2019):
- Thank you so much for your enthusiastic session last night, it was amazing! You had the whole room captivated for two and a half hours and we all learnt a tremendous amount about Mental Health. Your students and patients are very lucky to have you.
- Thank you for arranging the training. It was a really great session and Ellie was incredibly interesting and engaging. Makes me want to enrol to do a psychology degree!
- I had seen Ellie before but thought she was so interesting that I decided to go along for a second time. Last night’s session was just as valuable and thought- provoking as the previous one. I will really look forward to hearing Ellie speak on self harm.
- A brief line to say well done and thank you for securing Ellie for yesterday’s training. I have heard her once before a thousand years ago, but yesterday she was brilliant: intelligible to even this bear of small brain; and highly relevant as well.
- The training it was all very interesting and Ellie a brilliant speaker. Such a complicated subject but so important to us. Well done.
- Just wanted to say how brilliant I thought Ellie was. So easy to listen to and so informative. Thank you so much for organising it.
- Thank you for arranging this training, it was really informative and thought-provoking, and Ellie is an inspiring speaker and full of enthusiasm. A great evening.
- I couldn’t sleep as she gave us so much valuable information! She is quite an amazing and inspirational young woman. I am most certainly interested in her next presentation.
- I just wanted to send you and Ellie my warmest wishes and thanks for such a helpful, informative and inspiring session yesterday. I don’t think I had attended any of Ellie’s training before, and I was blown away by her passion and insight.
- Mental health issues are very close to my heart and have been for a very long time, as I am the daughter and long term carer of a sufferer. Ellie’s no-nonsense but compassionate approach made so much sense to me, and I felt rejuvenated after a long and tedious day at work. Please pass on my thanks to her.